Sunday 6 May 2012

Bikes and Rugs

The weather has changed sharply, and so have my habits. I spent the winter months curled up with podcasts playing and knitting needles clicking. Now, springtime has drawn me from my blanket nest and into the warm sunshine. I swear--read the rest for photo-documented proof.
Biking.


I spent the last weekend in April with my lovely roomie on the shores of Lake Eğirdir. The tiny town only 3 hours away made for a perfect weekend/J & E honeymoon. There aren't tourist sites to see, but there are plenty of scenic views and places to skip stones, so I was a happy girl.

The most memorable part of our trip was our 3-hour bike ride through an apple orchard. The scenes were incredible, and it felt nice to exercise a bit. Below are some shots from our ride:
Those people are lucky.

Path into the acres of orchard.

I should become a postcard photographer.

Safety First!

That's a big ole lake.
After this excursion, I just had 1 day of teaching before BAM! it was the May Day holiday. I like to keep busy, so what did I do? First, I made some delicious apple cookies for the student-organized picnic. Then I attended the picnic, which was SUPER fun. These kids may be young, but they are expert BBQers.
It's like a mini apple pie.
The following day, after a teacher-training seminar, I went to Bayat. It's a village in the Afyonkarahisar province that is known for their kilim-making. The rugs are super beautiful. I couldn't go home without one.
She's making a rug.

My new rug.

That's what I've been up to as of late. Good friends. Good food. Good scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment