Wednesday 6 June 2012

Mission Accomplished

Colleagues and friends.
Hoscakalin ve tesekur ederim Turkey. Hello America.



I've completed my tenure in Turkey and returned to my comfortable New Jersey life. As much as I want to reflect on my travel and teaching experiences from this past year, I think it's best if I wait a little. The last nine months have undoubtedly and significantly marked my life, but before I jump to any conclusions, I'd like to give myself some time to meditate...to marinate... to mull over what has passed and what is to come.

But do not fear, dear readers, the blog will continue. I've only been home for a few days, and while catching up with friends has occupied a bit of my time, I've decided to embark on a new project: a garden.

I've made one attempt to garden in the past. And it was a pitiful attempt. I was neglectful, and soon my garden became unruly and overgrown. Earlier this evening, as I overturned grass with my shovel, I made a resolution to tend my garden diligently.

I would post a photo of my dirt patch, but seeing as this is day one of Project Green Thumb, the photo would resemble a freshly dug grave more than a garden. I'll spare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment